Float Centre - Start Here
As a float centre owner or operations manager, you've got a lot on your plate to take care of.
I've put this page together to start to assemble some helpful resources on where to find the things you'll need to run your float centre.
The resources and content of this page will upgrade occasionally as the industry grows.
Please note that the links below will primarily be geared towards float centres in Canada.
Float Centre Supplies
(Especially important to know if you're just starting up)
USP Grade Epsom Salt
- Univar is who I use for the best quality P&Q Corporation Epsom Salt.
- AlphaChem out of Mississauaga has several other options for salt.
- It's best to keep a full float tank's worth of salt on hand.
35% Hydrogen Peroxide
- Univar is who I use for 20 L pails.
- AlphaChem out of Mississauga is another popular choice
Taylor Hydrogen Peroxide Test Kits
- 6 pairs of Mack's silicone ear plugs for kids
- You can create an account to get these in bulk from Mack's in the USA if you order 3 or more boxes of 200 at a time.
Water Care Supplies:
- Test Strips
- Nature Pure Spa Enzymes - My preferred choice over clarifier as it doesn't turn the filter blue.
- Spa Life products are popular
- Water Clarifier
- Foam Away
- pH Plus
- pH Minus
- In a pinch you can also find all of the pool chemicals you need at Canadian Tire or another local pool supply store.
- Have at least two sets of filters at all times. The size of filter you use will vary based on the type of float tank you have so I won't list them all here but you can usually find what you'll need at Canadian Tire and certainly at a local pool supply store.
Other Supplies To Consider Having On Hand:
- Lots of microfibre cloths.
- White vinegar for cleaning and removing salt.
- Buckets for soaking filters in, cleaning, etc.
- Sump Pump - there are all kinds of sizes to choose from. Consider how long you want to spend pumping out your float tank when deciding.
- Wet/Dry Shop Vac
- Petroleum Jelly - we like these little packets
- Containers like these are perfect for collecting water samples for testing purposes.